Welcome to Toronto Area Boardgaming Society!

T.A.B.S. Online :: View topic - Bring and Buy Auction at TABSCon
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Bring and Buy Auction at TABSCon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
jessicarctica
T.A.B.S. Cadet
T.A.B.S. Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm guessing old D&D books and supplements such as Dragon Magazine s are out?(you could totally play D&D at tabscon hehe)
asm_zero
TSC Member
TSC Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Post a list. Most people browsing the bring and buy are probably not looking for old D&D books. But there are people on the site interested. I'm interested depending on what you are selling. I'm especially interested in 1st Ed AD&D modules and non-D&D RPGs from the same time.
ducimus
TSC Member
TSC Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I'd be interested in old 1st edition stuff as well, so if you have stuff definitely put up a post.
asm_zero
TSC Member
TSC Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Try and time it so that I get a good look at it before Ducimus does! Twisted Evil
ducimus
TSC Member
TSC Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't really want to deal with Asm zero. He has cooties. Very, very bad cooties.
asm_zero
TSC Member
TSC Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The size of your friggin' fist!
DaveyJJ
T.A.B.S. Veteran
T.A.B.S. Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Now children, do I have to stop this car?
tiberius
T.A.B.S. Veteran
T.A.B.S. Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross-posting from TABSCon thread:

Hi all,

The Bring'n'Buy just keeps getting Bigger and Better--but also more work. So a few gentle reminders, clarifications, and a couple of changes for June:

(1) If possible, please print out your own seller and item sheets by downloading them from the site. It makes adding your games SO much easier.
(2) There will now be an expanded limit of 20 items/lots per seller.
(3) There has always been an official deadline of 11 am to add items to the Bring'n'Buy. This deadline has not always been enforced in the past. However, after the last couple of TABSCons we have had complaints from sellers who bring their stuff in on time that people are arriving and adding items which undercut their prices. We believe these people have a point. So starting in June there will be a 10:45 am deadline (to give time to add and register the items before the 11 am opening). No new items or lots will be added after 10:45 am

Thanks, and see you in June.
Pete
Site Marshal
Site Marshal

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated Bring & Buy guidelines have been uploaded to our Downloads > Misc section.
ianlippert
T.A.B.S. Cadet
T.A.B.S. Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:33 am Post subject: Auction Store Item Sheet Reply with quote

Is there a difference between an Auction Store Item Sheet and the Bring & Buy Item Sheets?

The Bring and Buy guidelines say that you have to complete an Auction Store Item Sheet for each of your items but that file is not in the zip file with the TABSCON word docs.
Dave B
Site Marshal
Site Marshal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry for the late reply;

You complete an item sheet and stick it onto the game you want to sell.

The Seller Sheet is the one you hand in to the guys running the BnB so they can track who brought your game and at what price so they know how much is owed to you.

Bring in the items you want to sell at the BnB desk and the friendly BnB staffers will provide the forms you need and will be more than happy to show you how to fill them out. Very Happy

Regards,
DB
Dave B
Site Marshal
Site Marshal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!

We had an exceptional 50th Anniversary BnB - I actually ran out of space for all the submissions, but TABS attendees managed to buy about 2/3 of what was listed! Very Happy

Just some reminders for all who would like to participate as a Seller;

1. The Bring and Buy opens for sales at 11am which means you have to have your paperwork and games in the BnB booth by no later than 10:45am.

2. Please make sure your opened game's contents are properly secured before you put them into the booth; bits in baggies or decks of cards held together by rubber bands or painters tape. This prevents your games' contents from spilling when opened by an interested Buyer.

3. If you are submitting items with the intention of leaving part way through the BnB, please advise the BnB staff, prior to the start of the BnB, of who you are authorizing to pick up your unsold games and money owed to you when the BnB concludes.

4. Once you have submitted items to the BnB, you have made the commitment to have your items remain in the BnB for the duration of the event. Although a Seller may have to leave early, there is no early withdrawal of items - either your games are in for the entire event or we will have to reject your submission. Space is at a premium so we need to support those Sellers who are prepared to participate for the duration of the BnB.

Thanks
DB

(edited for clarity)

Last edited by Dave B on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Retrowiz
T.A.B.S. Cadet
T.A.B.S. Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

For clarity which us true. #3 or #4 above as they are conflicting
Dave B
Site Marshal
Site Marshal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 - the Seller is OK to leave early as long as someone else is there to take the Seller's games and money when the BnB ends and we are ready to cash everyone out.

#4 - the games submitted to the BnB are to stay for the entire event, regardless if the Seller cannot, hence the requirement of the departing Seller to let us know who is his/her designate will be.
Yeetman13
T.A.B.S. Cadet
T.A.B.S. Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the bring and buy auction happening at TABs this weekend?
Post new topicReply to topic T.A.B.S. Online Forum Index -> TABS Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: