Welcome to Toronto Area Boardgaming Society!

T.A.B.S. Online :: View topic - TABSCon New Location
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

TABSCon New Location
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoodChris
T.A.B.S. Veteran
T.A.B.S. Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the new location (a bit closer to me now).

I won't have to drink from a brown paper bag anymore Laughing

How are the logistics for this place? Do you still need to bring in as many tables and chairs?
ducimus
TSC Member
TSC Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wise wrote:
Yes. I did make that mistake. But only once.

( being razzed for it afterwards was more annoying ), Smile

Obviously there weren't enough people in the mess. One of the boys ended up buying a round for about fifty one time. The barkeep gave him a break and "wholesaled" a portion of it to keep his tab a little less astronomical.
jayjonbeach
T.A.B.S. Veteran
T.A.B.S. Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More space, a Legion and especially with food possibilites all sound good

Location is farther for anyone West, hard to have it all...

Surprised Can Tire allows the parking, no way to regulate I suppose either. This is good news at a good time because apparently parking at or near Agricola REALLY took a turn for the worse...
coppt2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: new location-wheelchair accessible? Reply with quote

I was excited to read that there are no stairs, can anyone confirm if this new spot is fully wheelchair accessible (accessible washrooms, absolutely zero steps, reasonable aisle width, etc.)? I've had to exclude inviting my friend to join me for TABS because of this, it would be welcome news if that is no longer the case.

Cheers,
Trent
Spartacus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: new location-wheelchair accessible? Reply with quote

coppt2 wrote:
I was excited to read that there are no stairs, can anyone confirm if this new spot is fully wheelchair accessible (accessible washrooms, absolutely zero steps, reasonable aisle width, etc.)? I've had to exclude inviting my friend to join me for TABS because of this, it would be welcome news if that is no longer the case.

Cheers,
Trent

There are 4 small steps to get in the building and here is link to the legion branch 11 http://www.rcl11.com/

If you click on the banquet facilities it says neither of the halls are equipped for handicapped accessibility
lcutner
T.A.B.S. Veteran
T.A.B.S. Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Accessability Reply with quote

Such a shame that this venue has no handicapped accessibility - in 2012 yet! It's a pity that I will probably have to curtail my visits to Tabscon for the foreseeable future. I have really enjoyed the gaming and the pleasure of everyone's company on each occasion I have visited and hope to keep in contact with you all. That said, anyone in my area (Oshawa) is welcome to call and drop over for gaming - contact me at lcutner@rogers.com
KMO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note for those worried about it being farther from the highway. A valid point, perhaps, for those coming from the west, but from Oshawa Google maps estimates 41 minutes instead of 36. I can't imagine that's actually enough to deter anyone! It really is NOT downtown and traffic there on the weekend shouldn't be challenging (401 and Kingston Rd, not even worrying about DVP weekend events).
clockwerk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a big thanks to Jason, everyone's best friend, for negotiating the deal, and leveraging his legion membership to do it. What a guy! Very Happy
lolas
T.A.B.S. Cadet
T.A.B.S. Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
It will be my first time attending one of these events. What is the policy at this location on outside food and drinks? I would assume they are not allowed since they will have servers providing lunch, is that correct? Just wondering in case I want to bring lunch or some healthy snacks.
Pete
Site Marshal
Site Marshal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolas wrote:
Hi,
It will be my first time attending one of these events. What is the policy at this location on outside food and drinks? I would assume they are not allowed since they will have servers providing lunch, is that correct? Just wondering in case I want to bring lunch or some healthy snacks.

While we haven't been informed of any policy at this Legion Hall that doesn't permit outside food and drinks, we are encouraging our attendees to consider supporting the Legion by buying the food there instead. The Ladies’ Auxiliary are expanding their offering of food choices and their prices are quite decent. That said, no food or drink (outside or otherwise) should be consumed outside of our rented spaces at the Legion.
Triad1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
The Ladies’ Auxiliary are expanding their offering of food choices and their prices are quite decent.

Quite agree, quite decent. Had some food last time and look forward to digging in again! Two thumbs up!
lolas
T.A.B.S. Cadet
T.A.B.S. Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I will certainly try to buy something and support the legion. Just wanted to check since as I've been trying to eat a low salt diet and it can be hard to find the right things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    T.A.B.S. Online Forum Index -> TABS Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: